• Which Single Serve Coffee Maker is Best? •
There are SO many single cup coffee makers on the market – how can you tell which is best for YOU based on YOUR needs and YOUR budget?
Below are our picks for the best single serve coffee makers (both with pods and no pods) based on over-all quality, price, and consumer reports of each single cup coffee maker.
Best Single Cup Coffee Makers By Price
Single Cup Coffee Maker Buying Tips
1. Make sure the quality is right. Don’t settle for a cheap coffee pot. Single cup coffee makers should be stainless steel and not contain much plastic. The all plastic ones, tend to breakdown much easier and last less than their stainless steel counter parts.
2. A good one should have a 48 oz. water reservoir or more. Part of the beauty of one cup coffee makers is that they contain a water reservoir that you can fill up once every couple days. If the model you’re looking at doesn’t then walk away. The water reservoir makes it easier to brew your coffee instantly and within a few short minutes. A really good model will have up to a 90 ounce storage tank.
3. Air tight coffee cups. Many of these types of coffee brewing systems come with coffee pods that can be inserted into the machine. This makes it easy to brew your coffee, as you simply insert the coffee pod and get ready for work, groom, clean etc. When you come back in a few minutes the coffee is hot and brewed. Be sure that the coffee pods are air tight and allow no air in. Air getting into the coffee pod will of course, cause stale coffee. Stale coffee can be a coffee lovers’ worst nightmare.
As you can see in the side-by-side comparison of our favorite budget single serve coffee maker and the best value, not all single cup coffee makers come with air-tight coffee cups.
Best Value vs Best Budget Options
Free shipping5 new from $18.99
1 used from $29.95
as of January 10, 2019 9:03 pm
Free shipping29 new from $72.72
3 used from $50.00
as of January 10, 2019 9:03 pm
- Compact Personal Coffeemaker -This single-serve coffeemaker brews directly into the included...
- Travel Mug Included - The 16-oz. travel mug fits snugly in most car cup holders and is dishwasher...
- Permanent Grounds Filter -No need to buy wasteful paper filters; the mesh metal filter works...
- Automatic Shutoff - The coffeemaker turns off immediately after brewing, giving you peace of mind...
- Dispenses one cup at a time with an easy-to-use actuator
- Press the lever to fill your cup
- Removable water reservoir
- Double-wall coffee reservoir holds twelve 5 oz. cups of coffee
Great for active, busy lifestyles, it’s the BLACK+DECKER Personal Coffeemaker. It brews single servings of your favorite coffee directly into the 16-oz. travel mug, which fits most car cup holders. The permanent grounds filter is compatible with coffee grounds and pre-packaged soft pods, and it’s easy to rinse clean in the sink. One-touch operation quickly delivers the morning coffee you need, with a compact design that’s perfect for small kitchens, apartments, and dorm rooms.
Coffee Without the Carafe! Cuisinart lets you have your coffee on demand! The Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee on Demand dispenses one cup at a time with an easy to use actuator. Hold up to 12 cups of coffee in the double-wall coffee reservoir. The easy to read coffee gauge lets you know how many cups of coffee are left, and the included charcoal water filter keeps your coffee tasting great. The DCC-3000 makes coffee easy-- its fully programmable with 24-hour advance brew start, programmable auto shutoff, self-clean, and a 1-4 cup setting to brew smaller amounts that still taste delicious. Remove both the coffee and water reservoirs for easy clean up. Note:Coffee grounds/particles are accumulating coffee container where the brewed coffee exits the container, which prevents the gasket from sealing correctly when the dispense lever is released. When/if this happens, the valve needs to be rinsed with tap water while holding the valve (located on the bottom of the container) open to flush...
- EAN: 0050875808508
- MPN: CM618
- UPC: 807032960490
- Model: CM618
- Part Number: CM618
- EAN: 7425737055063
- MPN: DCC-3000
- UPC: 719918419223
- Model: DCC-3000
- Part Number: DCC-3000
4. A good warranty. Make sure your single cup coffee makers warranty is top notch. I suggest 3 years or more for a standard warranty on any coffee brewing system. These types of coffee makers are not cheap; make sure you get your moneys worth and has a nice warranty to come along with it.
5. Make sure it’s name brand. Buy only a name you recognize. The larger companies in this field have a distinct advantage, as they should. If it’s a trusted name you’ll be sure that if anything goes wrong, you’ll be taken care of.
Top 10 Single Serve Coffee Makers
Follow the above tips and you’ll find a fantastic deal on your next single cup coffee maker purchase. Great deals not only exist in stores but, online as well. Search around and reviews these tips before you make your final purchase. When this type of system costs $99 or more you’ll want to make sure it’s top notch and still a good bargain.
Compare Single Cup Coffee Makers