Decluttering your house can seem like an IMPOSSIBLE project that brings on such feelings of overwhelm and stress. Trust me, I’ve been there! Good news, there IS help and an easy way to declutter your home FAST!
How To Declutter Your Home FAST
Watch this quick video to learn how to declutter your home fast and EASY – and skip all the stress!
Ring, ring! Oh No! There’s unexpected company coming over to your house!
What are you going to do?
The house is a mess with all your clutter and you are afraid of what others might think of you. You are not alone in this dilemma and there is way out.
You can learn how to declutter your home fast. It is not impossible, you just need a little help.
Everyday, people, just like you, wake up and realize that they have too much clutter and do not know how it came to be.
You are not a messy person. You try to keep a nice home. One day it just seemed to be everywhere. What happened?
Life is “what happened”.
We all accumulate stuff as we move through our lives, collecting mementos, souvenirs, photos, books, clothes, electronics, etc. and when we upgrade our lives with newer things or more keepsakes, we forget to clear out the old stuff. We like to hang on to our stuff.
The problem is that all our stuff becomes clutter, which creates stress and unhappiness.
So let’s start out with some simple decluttering tips to declutter and organize… and clear out that clutter for GOOD.
How To Declutter FAST
- Start SOMEWHERE – First choose just one room to start decluttering. Trying to do your whole house or apartment will seem too daunting, so limit yourself and your expectations. Success will be much easier that way.
- Trash It! – Pick up all the trash, broken items and things that can easily be thrown away. That includes junk mail, newspapers, pens and pencils that don’t work anymore, clothes that you have outgrown, things that you have that you didn’t even know you had and have no use for. Be brutal with your decisions. If there are items that serve no use and you have forgotten you even had them, then it is time to toss them.
- Put It Away! – Now go through and start putting things away in their proper places and clean as you go along. If you have clothes lying around your office, kitchen, dining room, etc., they need to be hung up, put in drawers or thrown away. As my mom use to say, “Everything in its place. If it doesn’t have a place it is a waste!”
- Take a 2 Minute Break – Now pause and look around at how much you accomplished with just these first 3 steps. Give yourself a pat on the back, but DO NOT STOP NOW! You now need to start looking for things that are no longer relevant to your life and decide to either toss them, give them away or donate to a charity / thrift store. My personal rule is that if I have not used the item in the past year, I do not really need it.
- Find a “Home” for Everything – Now, you will be left with things that you need to keep or do not want to throw away. But you don’t want them cluttering up your space. This is when you can start putting things away in boxes for storage or sort for selling at a garage or boot sale. Only keep things that you really, really need to keep. You are not interested in just moving your clutter to a new place, which have to be uncluttered.
✅ Learn the FULL Decluttering System:
More Decluttering Tips:
Need a Gift Idea?
Take a look at what our readers are buying right now...