Which is the best coffee maker this year? If you’re in the market for a new coffee machine, here are 6 important coffee maker buying tips you need to consider BEFORE you buy anything.
Choosing a coffee maker requires a lot of thought, probably more then you realized when you first started shopping around.
There are so many coffee makers to choose from; Keurigs, single serve, thermal, drip, press pots, percolators, vacuum, etc etc ETC… right?
But the thing is – you love coffee, you need a coffee maker but have no idea where to start…. especially if you’re on a budget.
Here are some tips that can give you a jump start and make buying your coffee maker a lot easier.
1. Brewing Cycles are Shorter – You should look for a 10 cup machine that has special 3 to 4 cup brewing cycle. This feature will surely meet your taste and your temperature standards. Most of the smaller pots do not have this feature.
2. Space Savers – You also have to consider the size of your kitchen. You should look for a coffee machine that matches at least two of your kitchen appliances. There are a lot of manufactures that make burr grinder professional style/coffee brewers in one.
3. Thermal Carafe – This will keep your coffee hot for many hours. The thermal carafe does not store the cooked taste of your coffee which is usually kept in the glass pot on the warning plate.
4. Think of Espresso – There are machines specifically made for espressos and it can make many varieties of gourmet, brewed coffee, and other flavors of your favorite espresso drinks.
5. Function and Form – Since you already know what type of coffee machine you want, you have to choose a coffee maker that offers a high quality of materials and stylish designs. You can purchase beautiful stainless steel coffee brewers at most department stores.
6. Remember the Basics – When buying a coffee maker please ensure to buy a name brand model, no name brands will just have you waiting in the customer service line up a few weeks down the road. You also have to consider the warranty. Knowing these simple tips, will help ensure that you purchase the perfect option to fit your lifestyle as well as kitchen design.
One more thing, portability also matters. There are small and medium sized coffee makers available to you. They are perfect for small apartments or condos – especially for singles. When you do finally make your purchase you will be ecstatic to know that from now on you will be able to wake up every morning, go to your kitchen and have a nice hot cup of your favorite blend waiting in whatever crazy coffee mug you choose.
Below are some of my favorite coffee makers and any deals and sales going on to save money on them.