Easy Soup Recipes – These homemade soup recipes are my picks for the BEST homemade soup recipes EVER. These are all easy soup recipes with ingredients AND procedure – from homemade vegetable soup to chicken noodle soup, these are the old-fashioned soup recipes your family will love. These are the perfect soup recipes for beginners anyone can make at home.
Perfect for chilly night dinners or those days when you’re feeling under the weather. Nothing makes you feel more warm and cozy than a steaming hot bowl of homemade soup.
Welcome to Life Hacks for Moms - we hope you enjoy all our tips and tricks for busy moms! Please note that we use affiliate links and ads to generate some income at no cost to you.
Soup Recipes with Ingredients & Procedure
I got tired of finding “easy” soup recipes that did NOT offer the ingredients and procedure to make them. That’s why I made this page with MY favorite EASY soup recipes WITH all the ingredients and the procedure to actually make them.
In my opinion, and my family’s opinion, these are the best homemade soup recipes ever.
I’m all about simple easy recipes for beginners – and these soup recipes ARE what I’d want if I were a beginner learning to cook soup.
I don’t believe we’ve gone through a winter or a cold season without making each of these homemade soups at LEAST twice – we all love them… soup is the ultimate comfort food, right?
Old-Fashioned Vegetable Soup
This is my grandma’s old fashioned homemade vegetable soup recipe (Grandma’s recipes are THE best, aren’t they?)
She always made her homemade vegetable soup in this BIG Dutch oven type of soup pot, but you can also throw the browned beef and other ingredients in your slow cooker and let it simmer all day or cook on high for a few hours.
This homemade vegetable soup plus her cornbread was my FAVORITE thing to eat at her house.
I’m SO glad I have her recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 10.5 oz can tomato soup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes chunked
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven
- Brown ground beef, garlic and onion
- Mix in beef broth, tomato soup, canned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, bag of vegetables and potatoes.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
Creamy Noodle Chicken Soup
This creamy noodle chicken soup in made in your crock pot slow cooker – it may not look that good, but trust me – it is DELICIOUS!
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 32oz container chicken broth
- 1 packet of chicken gravy
- 1 family size can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 24 oz pack frozen noodles
- 1 10 oz bag of frozen mixed veggies
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- Sprinkle of parsley
- Put frozen chicken, soup, broth, gravy and spices in your crockpot and mix.
- Cook on high for 5hrs.
- Shred chicken in the crockpot with a fork.
- Add in frozen noodles and veggies.
- Cook on High for 1 hour or until noodles are done.
Loaded Potato Soup
This is my Aunt Dot’s famous loaded potato soup recipe.
And yes, it IS famous!
- 1 package bacon
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped white onion
- 6 Cups chicken broth
- 2 lb potatoes (peeled & cubed)
- 2/3 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Cup cooked ham chunked
- 1 8oz container of sour cream
- 2 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook bacon in a skillet, drain and crumble.
- Cook white onion in same skillet until tender.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, mix onion, broth and potatoes.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Melt butter over low heat in skillet.
- Stir in flour and whisk until smooth – Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in half (2 cups) of the milk.
- Pour milk mixture into large pot potato mixture.
- Add remaining 2 cups milk – salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in ham, half of the bacon, the sour cream, 2 cups of the cheese and 1/2 cup of the green onions.
- Cook until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Use remaining bacon, cheese and the green onions for toppings.
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
I used to make this homemade chicken noodle soup with leftover chicken, but now I find it MUCH better (and easier) to make it with store-bought rotisserie chicken.
The rotisserie chicken just adds a little something extra to it – plus, the soup is ready to eat VERY quickly.
Feel free to use leftover chicken or boil some fresh chicken breasts it you prefer, but I recommend trying this chicken noodle soup recipe with rotisserie chicken at least once.
Here’s the chicken soup ingredients and procedure (it’s super simple!)
Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- 1 rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot peeled / cut
- 2 potatoes peeled / diced
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 cups of Pasta (Rotelli, egg noodles, etc – your choice)
- 1/4 cup of Chicken Bouillon powder
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
Chickien Soup Procedure:
- Bring 8 cups of water to an almost boil
- Add Chicken Bouillon powder, salt, garlic salt, pepper
- Let broth simmer for about 2 minutes
- Add all the vegetables, uncooked noodles and shredded chicken to the pot.
- Cook until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Let soup continue to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
(note: if you prefer to cook the noodles separately to prevent a “starchy” texture to your soup, wait until after next step to add them)
(If you cooked your noodles separately, now add the cooked noodles to the pot.)
Firehouse Taco Soup
I wish I could remember which family member gave me this Firehouse Taco Soup recipe, but I appreciate them for it.
While it’s not a true homemade soup because it uses ready made seasoning packs, it might as well be the best soup EVER.
It’s SO simple to make, too!
Just brown your ground beef and dump everything in your crock pot.
Don’t you just LOVE “dump and go” recipes?
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package of ranch dressing mix
- Brown ground beef and drain – put in crock pot
- Add all other ingredients to crock pot (do NOT drain canned ingredients)
- Cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 4 hours)
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chips, etc.
The longer it cooks, the better, BUT this taco soup is ready to eat as soon as it’s hot.
(note: you can also just cook this in a pot on your stove – totally up to you)
Dump n’ Go Vegetable Soup
When it comes to the EASIEST beef vegetable soup to make at home, this Dump n’ Go vegetable soup is the most simple soup you can make at home.
The ingredients and procedure are super simple: Just brown 2 pounds of ground beef, then throw the ground beef, the tomato soup & diced tomatoes into a crock pot. Then open 4 cans of whatever kinds of vegetables YOU like and dump them into the slow cooker too (do NOT drain the canned vegetables, just dump it all in there!)
Then, cook in your slow cooker for about 4 hours on low – or however long YOU need.
Here’s a secret though that my grandmother taught me to take the “bite” out of the tomato-y taste… toss in a tablespoon or two of sugar when you’re dumping all the ingredients into your slow cooker.
I know it sounds weird, but it makes a BIG difference!
Homemade Tomato Soup
Name a food combo that is more comforting than homemade tomato soup with a toasty cheesy grilled cheese sandwich – yum!
Here’s how to make homemade tomato soup that will knock your socks off – it’s SO good!
5 Ingredient Soup Recipes
When it comes to easy soup recipes with few ingredients, this 5 ingredient potato soup is my favorite.
As for ingredients, this potato soup recipe calls for FROZEN hashbrowns, some seasonings, and cheddar cheese – yum!
And this easy soup recipe procedure is super simple too!
4 Ingredient Soup Recipes
This 4 ingredient soup is called “Feel Better Soup”, and just like my 21 Day Fix desserts, this is also for those eating that same way.
This is a super simple 5 ingredient soup recipe for your Instant Pot (but you can adjust for your crock pot slow cooker or stove top as needed).
And… you can throw it together in only 10 minutes.
Best of all, this super simple soup recipe WILL make you feel better.
Go back to the top of: ==>> Easy Soup Recipes
Go back to a specific section: